Friday, March 25, 2011

The Week That Was

Boy howdy, it's been a week. It was one of the busiest/craziest/tiring-est weeks of my life. 

Somehow I managed to handle a breakup from a relationship that lasted over a year, study for a test on Monday (I didn't do as well on the test as I wanted, but geez-louise, I think I did quite well considering the circumstances), do my OB/GYNE clinical observations, hang out with some amazing friends, babysit, ate a cupcake, did my H&P and then presented my patient ORALLY FROM MEMORY to my preceptor, pass an oral anatomy quiz from the hardest professor (who tested us on stuff that wasn't even on the list of stuff they were supposed to test us on), cleaned my entire bathroom with white vinegar, write up my H&P and turned it in AND managed to look good doing it.

What's my secret? I'm a medical student--- it's just part of my life. I really don't have a choice in whether I want to do it or not.

BUT I will say that the week started to catch up with my body on Tuesday. I started falling asleep "on accident" while studying, which actually means that I'd fall asleep on top of my computer and books without realizing it. No matter how much I slept at night or how many naps I took, I felt so sleepy and exhausted all week. I call it the Super Sleepies. It happens from time to time. I've gone to a few doctors to make sure it wasn't cancer or narcolepsy and my tests were always free of disease. I think it's just my body's way of telling me to slow the eff down. And if I don't, it'll slow itself down for me without my permission.

A special thanks goes out to all the beautiful people who had my back this week, in previous weeks and those who will continue to have my back in the future. Also, a special thanks to my psychiatrist whose years of hard work have helped me to medicate my bad feelings away. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment