Since I was 18, I've had qualms about dating people my own age. The magic number seemed to be 6 years. I tended to have luck (or what I perceived as luck) with guys 6 years older than myself. Now that I am approximately 6 years older than my 18 year old self, I wonder if that 6 year rule still applies or if it's finally safe to date people my own age. I'm a bit hesitant to try as I'm pretty sure that guys of any age are completely out of their minds.
Once I had a thing with a guy who had hair like Vince Vega from Pulp Fiction. And he was younger than me. And shorter than me. And didn't have a lot of personality.
Another time I had a thing with a guy who was pretending to be Tucker Max. Or maybe he thought he was Tucker Max, I'm still not sure. Regardless of what he was or wasn't, he was a total creeper.
One time I went out with a nice guy and his friends and we had a lot of fun. They dropped me off at my place and a few minutes later the dude called me and asked if he could come hang out with me. Unbeknownst to me, "hang out" meant trying to badly make out with me and trying to get in my pants, at least I'm assuming. He left shortly after I informed him that I wasn't going to sleep with him, but he was still more than welcomed to hang out with me. Now I don't let anyone "hang out" at my apartment, not even my good friends... because I still haven't figured out the nuance of the phrase and when it does or does not mean sex.
One time a guy was coming to pick me up for a date and couldn't find my apartment. He called me and when I asked him where he was, he said, "I don't know. There's just a bunch of n_____s around here." I should have just hung up the phone and never returned his calls again, but I went on the date because I was really curious about what else he would say... plus, it was free dinner. Might as well profit off of a racist.
Yeah, I think I'm just going to stay away from dating people my own age for a little longer...
No comments:
Post a Comment