I've been afraid to write about this since I know that by doing so I will jinx the wonderfulness about to happen. One day while driving around my neighborhood, I saw a new place opening up: a legit yoga studio. Mind you, we do have other yoga "facilities" in this hick town, but there's something just not right about them. I've been practicing yoga on my own for the past few years solely because my options of studios was so... dismal. There's this one place in my neighborhood that charges an arm and a leg for classes and it just did not seem like they had their stuff together. Plus, it's located next door to my favorite bakery so that just defeats the purpose. There's this other place, well, it's some dude's apartment. And this dude is kind of a creepster. Okay, that's an understatement. This dude is a major creepster.
So my cousin-classmate (hereto-forth referred to as CC) emailed me to tell me about the prices and schedule of the new studio. I needed someone to slap my face; it's affordable AND convenient. I ran into CC while leaving my prostate exam session yesterday and she was waiting for her's. We squealed with delight over having an awesome yoga studio to go to. She was even rocking one of their shirts. Holy crap, we're so excited.
So not only will I have a nice place to practice yoga, but I'll get to hang out with CC more AND hopefully finish sculpting some of my parts that I haven't been successful with on my own. My belly is 85% of the way there, but my legs are like, - 25%. I've got meaty volleyball legs, what can I say (and I haven't played volleyball competitively in over a decade). I'm exaggerating. My legs aren't terrible-- they just need some help. ANYway...
I'm so pleased to have something to look forward to now. I've got weekend plans with friends, I'm getting to know some awesome people better AND I'm going to start having people over to my place more often. Lord knows I love being the hostess. I hate not being productive and usually in social situations, most people are not being productive. It makes me antsy and irritable to not be doing something. With hostessing, I can both socialize AND have tasks to do. I love it. I'm planning a charitable shin-dig following our last lecture exam and people are getting really excited about it. This weekend I'm going to start stocking up on fancy beer, select a few wines and prepare the menu for the spread. I also need to do some redecorating (since now there are some empty picture frames that need refilling with photos of me and people who actually like me). Plus, we're donating to a local homeless family shelter/safe house which makes my heart warm. The main event will be a clothing swap where the guests bring the clothes they want to get rid of and everyone gets to pick what they want. Whatever is left is donated to the shelter. It was a blast last year and I'm hoping to do it even better this year.
Now I have to try to make myself study diseased genitals and the like.
No comments:
Post a Comment