Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hot Date

As the basis of this blog is to narrate the life and times of a group of medical students as told from the POV of a very neurotic, eccentric and disillusioned classmate (me), I felt it only appropriate to elaborate on my Saturday Night Plans. I have 8 very dense lectures to wade through today and, peppered with involuntary naps, may not be very successful in my studying ventures. My reward for completing all 8 lectures is as follows:

chocolate cake
french fries
Pulp Fiction
vintage micro-brewed root beer

You may think to yourself: gee, that sounds pretty pathetic, cupcakes. Surely you'd do more with one of your less-busy weekends than eat junk food and watch an as-of-now cliched Tarantino film. 

I say to that: suck it.

You know there are few things in this world that bring me great pleasure. I live a very disciplined life: I eat the same thing every day: oatmeal and soy yogurt (breakfast), salad (lunch), salad (dinner). I exercise every day that I am able. I study every day. I keep an immaculate home. I am impeccably dressed.

But some days you just want to eat sugar, fat, simple carbs and watch some Tarantino, you know? And dammit, that's what I'm going to do. I'm in my mid-20s, can see the ribs in my back and in certain light my abs have definition. I broke up with boyfriend because I wanted more time to study. I go to bed at 8 o'clock at night. I listen to NPR.

Tonight is going to be wild, you hear me? Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment