I'm a horrible blogger. I know. I'm sorry. I'm not a quitter, though. So, let's try this again.
I "quit" facebook. By quit I mean that I still have an account but I don't use it. My besties will message me on there when things get too long to text, but other than that I'm dormant. As a result, I'll be using this lovely venue as my social outlet.
I started juicing again. Juicing = making juice, not roids. I woke Steven W. up before 7 am this morning so I could drag him to the farmer's market downtown. I needed his manly manness to carry my $10 watermelon. Bought some cucumbers, tomatoes, blueberries (which all fell out of their bag in the car), blackberries (which I smashed while trying to pick up the blueberries), strawberries and peaches. I'll have to figure out some happy juice recipes to make with them.
You might wonder, "why, cupcakes, are you juicing foods?" Well, I'll tell you why. One: it's damn hot outside and I can't eat when it's hot (think last summer's grape fiasco). Two: I get dehydrated way too easily (I'm 23 going on 75) and Three: I'm going to NYC next weekend and we all know the liquid diet can get my post-birthday celebration body into better shape.
What's that you say? NYC? Yep. It was cheaper for me to fly up to NYC to see the Boy than for him to fly here, so... looks like I'm spending a weekend, next weekend, in NYC. Naturally, I haven't heard of any awesome bands playing during the weekend of July 4th, so I guess we'll have to get creative in the BA.
For my local people, you've probably forgotten that I exist. Rightly so-- I haven't been in town: vacray in Austin, funeral in the middle of the week, general hermitism.. you get the idea. I can't help that I find ironing my entire wardrobe more fun than going to a dive bar. You think I'm kidding... that's what I did last night. I ironed my entire wardrobe.
So, here's to being consistent! Taking suggestions on pop culture commentary, opinionated entries and things I should do and then write about.
I'm juicing too. Creatine, baby.
ReplyDeleteActually though, juicing sounds like fun. I should try juicing. This one time I drank like a pound of grape puree.
Also I need to keep track of when blackberries grow around here, because when they do there's tons.