I've cleaned my apartment like a maniac (one of my favorite hobbies). I like to watch documentaries on netflix while I clean. If you watch the movies on netflix that are available for instant play, you realize that there are a few gems but mostly it's just crap. At least with documentaries, I feel like I learn a little bit.
I've been watching the Danielson: A Family Movie documentary. I had no idea that the Danielson Family kind of got Sufjan Steven's name out there. For some reason I thought it was the other way around. That was kind of jarring to me. Anywho, I got to drool over some Sufjan for an hour and a half. But I guess it makes sense--- he was released on the Sounds Familyre label which is Daniel Smith's own label (also with Half-Handed Cloud). I'm pretty sure, though, that Half-Handed Cloud ended up recording with Sufjan's Asthmatic Kitty Label post-2005. I could be confusing it. It's neither here nor there, all that matters is that Sufjan's gorgeous and a musical genius. The docu was interesting--very christiany. I don't know what I was expecting otherwise since it is the Danielson Family-- indie christian rock music, yet not christian-christian. (Walker S., if you haven't checked them out, this might be up your ally). I'm not christian, but I still think their music is rocking.
I've been manically trying to juice the produce I have before I leave for NYC. I've made some really, really weird stuff but it's not bad. Someone else may have come up with these combinations, but hell, it's my blog. Here's what I created:
Green Monster:
1 large cucumber
1 granny smith apple
2 anjou pears
a crapload of white grapes
a dash of flax seed oil
Celery Berry
1 half large tomato (or whole tomato, whatevs)
1 quart blackberries
2 handfuls of blueberries
1 quart strawberries
2 bunches of celery
a dash of flax seed oil
I hope to go to Zach's tonight to see the kids and bring them some vegan cupcakes. I hope they like the vegan cupcakes. I don't want to give them goodies they don't like. I know the cake part is good, people have liked them before--- but this was my first successful stab with vegan non-hydrogenated icing. Fingers crossed.
I need to get out. I need to socialize more with my local friends while I have the time. I tend to not leave my apartment for days if I don't have to go to work. I'm a homebody, but when does homebody turn into hermit?
No comments:
Post a Comment