Last night I rounded up some classmate friends and we collectively saw Black Swan on the big screen. A few observations from last night:
1. An entire row of future doctors squirming in their seats at any sign of blood/skin ripping/toenail grossness (L's wife is a RN so she was probably rolling her eyes at all of us).
2. ...I apparently have ballerina feet and by ballerina feet I mean that I have to tape my toes individually if I'm going to be on my feet a lot to keep the skin from rubbing off between them. Also, my feet look like the beat up toes of a ballerina and I have never once done ballet. I've even had my toenails crack like Natalie Portman's character's in the first half of the film.
3. My fingers bleed like Natalie Portman's character's fingers did throughout the film.
4. I may be the black swan.
5. I'm pretty sure all of the med students were trying to diagnose Natalie Portman's character throughout the entire film. We never arrived at a consensus. I had to remind myself that the movie was not a patient case presentation and may not represent an actual mental illness.
6. At my suggestion, we all went to a nearby bar afterwards and played pool and darts (well, I didn't. I entertained my friends with stories about finding half eaten plums in my freshly washed laundry, Robert Mapplethorpe photography and observations about our other classmates). We stayed at the bar until almost 1.
7. I thought a guy asked me how much I cost. He was actually asking me how much it costs to play pool.
I got home and finally into bed around 1:30. I read my copy of Patti Smith's "Just Kids" until sometime after 2 at which I collapsed into a sleep-coma just to wake up at my usual time (without the help of an alarm) at 5:30 AM. I managed to have fitful bouts of sleep after that until approximately 9:30 AM. I woke up so hungry because I had forgotten to eat dinner last night.
In my hypoglycemic/tired haziness I decided that I wanted to make a huge batch of steel-cut oatmeal to last throughout the week. What I didn't remember at the time was that steel-cut oatmeal is not gluten free. I remembered after I had finished eating a huge bowl of it. So now I have a large tupperware filled with gluteny oatmeal that I cannot waste. It's delicious but makes me feel like dying. To avoid any future conflicts with my gluten-free diet, I decided that I need to order more of my food online. So I found my brand of steel-cut oatmeal and bought a gluten-free version along with some gluten-free mac and cheese (I'm stocking up for the long-haul in May when I plan to leave my apartment as little as possible) and some gluten-free baking flour.
I really need to bust ass with my studying today, but I don't know how successful I will be seeing that I just inhaled a large amount of gluten-infested oatmeal. Someone may need to break into my apartment to take my pulse while I am in my gluten-coma (aka a really awesome nap, the kind where you drool all over your pillow and your face was pressed so heavily into the bed that the sheets left indentions on your face).
No comments:
Post a Comment