The other day my ear bled. I'm not talking like, "oh, there's a hint of blood in my ear". My ear BLED. I went to scratch my ear and my finger was covered in fresh blood. My first thought was, "WTF?!"; my second thought was, "awesome". So, from what I've learned in medical school I figured I must have inadvertently scratched my ear canal without realizing it or I had the bubonic plague. There was so. much. blood. I had to rinse my ear out a few times to get all the blood out. I'm perfectly fine now and I leave the experience understanding that the ear is a VERY vascularized structure.
My friend Fu and I were discussing my ear bleeding incident last night over indian food and decided that ear bleeds could really enhance/kill certain interactions:
1. When you're hanging out with a new group of friends
2. During your medical school interview
3. During a test.
4. While seeing a patient.
5. At your wedding.
6. While holding a new baby.
We also decided that if your ear were to bleed in one of these or similar situations, simply deny that your ear is bleeding. If you deny it, then the other person will definitely feel like an idiot.
No comments:
Post a Comment