Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back from my micro-hiatus

So I did better than survive my seven weeks of microbiological intensity just in time for Fashion Week. I will be covering my favorite collections of this season on Monday.

In other news, I've started gearing up for the upcoming Holiday 010 season early this year due to my transatlantic adventures consuming my entire winter break. As I come across some of my must-haves for this year, I'll be writing posts about why I love them so.

Quote of the day: When you have your students by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

During my blogging hiatus, I began writing for the sake of writing as a creative outlet. It occurred to me that I must write in some form in order to balance out my lack of creative opportunities in medical school (drawing grafts and charts do not count.) It feels like I am leading a double life-- cheating on my medical profession with the arts. I don't want to feel like I am committing an offense against myself by doing two things that I love, no matter how non-cohabitual they may seem. I'm going to find a balance in my life between my overwhelming creativity and my profession.

In personal business: I miss my darling Agnes who is now experiencing a whole new world in grad school far, far away from me. I miss Vijay who is about to embark on a new adventure in his life: moving to San Francisco to set roots for his growing company. And here I am, in the biggest small town of the South-- and stuck here for less than 3 more years.

I spent my first micro-free weekend with Vijay and his family. It was the first time I had the chance to meet his father and I think we hit it off well. Before leaving, his dad threw in a white hand crafted sari and a handmade pashmina from India. I must find ways to incorporate these items into my everyday. The pashmina will be effortless... the sari, well, we'll have to get creative.

Life is great despite all of the inconveniences I must sit through. I cannot complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment