Monday, November 23, 2009

The Arch Nemesis Strikes

I found a great way to cope with my depression. I imagine the people, the obstacles and the chemical setbacks that are in my way of happiness as comic book villains. I am the protector of the world. I fight injustice. My arch nemesis is Dr. Meat Fart (Dr. MF). He's determined to bring me down so he can take over the world. He attempts to gain my trust just to use my weakness against me: he has the ability to change my brain chemistry and render me defenseless.

This is the story I made up to make myself go to sleep last night. THREE hours in bed trying to sleep. It helped me relax a little until I heard the ominous DING of my iPhone with a brand new email. The ominous background music swells....When I checked it, it was from none other than Dr. MF!! (Cue Psycho theme music) It's as if he knew, HE KNEW, that I finally found some kind of balance in my life and a way to deal and he was determined to throw off my entire delicate equilibrium.

I skipped out on Thanksgiving dinner with Jordan and her lady friends. I feel guilty because the main reason I'm doing it is because I hate that awkward feeling of being surrounded by married/long term couples. I feel like the "special" cousin they pull out of the basement when guests come over so I can perform tricks. Okay, it's not that bad, but I do feel a bit like a sideshow. Come see the amazing depressed white single med student!

I am dreading, DREADING, the holidays. Dreading dreading dreading. I hate the crowds, I hate the music, I hate the commercialism, I hate the killing of millions of turkeys, I hate I hate I hate.

Highlight: Thursday my parents are coming up to feed me (okay, that's not the highlight for two reasons - Mom and Dad). BUT, in tow will be 3 cannoli from Whole Foods (I just drooled enough to water the front lawn), probably a thousand pounds of satsumas (guess what my new food staple is gonna be!) and I'm pretty sure they're purchased Belle and Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister today. Ha--my mom texted me this morning and asked, "Do you have Belle and Sebastian?" I guess she figured it out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment